Which is better: vinyl siding or fiber cement siding? Well, it depends on your needs—both options have pros and cons. To help you make an informed decision, the roof repair experts at Vertex Roofing Contractors Inc. elaborate on the advantages of each option below.
There are several reasons why vinyl siding has been the most popular exterior wall material in the country for decades:
1. Easy to install – Thanks to its lightweight nature, installing vinyl siding should be fairly easy, making it an attractive option for DIYers. Keep in mind, however, that it’s best to leave home improvement projects like siding installation to qualified contractors.
2. Resistant to mold, insect and rot – Vinyl is made of synthetic polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and is therefore virtually immune to common problems that plague siding made from organic materials, such as mold, termite infestations and wood rot.
3. Low maintenance – Siding made from organic materials like wood isn’t necessarily less durable than synthetic siding–it just needs more maintenance. Vinyl siding only requires an occasional rinse to continue looking pristine.
4. Versatile design – Want the classic look of cedar siding but don’t want to pay a premium price or do a lot of upkeep? Vinyl siding is available in profiles that can mimic more expensive materials like cedar, stone and tile.
Fiber Cement Siding
If you live in an area that frequently experiences storms and strong winds, fiber cement siding might be a better choice because of its:
1. Durability – Fiber cement siding isn’t easily damaged by extreme weather conditions. And like vinyl siding, fiber cement siding is also resistant to mold, rot and pests.
2. Long lifespan – With proper care and maintenance, fiber cement siding can last up to 100 years.
Having a hard time choosing? You can always consult one of your local siding or roofing contractors.
Looking for reputable contractors in your area? Vertex Roofing Contractors Inc., a top-rated contractor on HomeAdvisor, offers a wide range of professional roofing services, including roof replacement services. To get a free estimate, call us at (703) 794-2121 or leave us a message here. We serve homeowners in Gainesville, Northern Virginia and the surrounding communities.